RV Buying Tips:
Why should you buy an RV?
- Traveling by RV is a great way to pack in your entire family for a flexible and fun vacation.
- Your home on wheels comes with no property taxes, no yard work, and not a single fence or wall to repaint.
- Parking your RV in a beautiful campground gets you closer to nature than an inflexible stay in a hotel ever could.
- Your RV could potentially save you money when tax time rolls around! The interest you pay on your RV could be deducted from your income, much like a second home would.
- You can keep your RV for years and not have to worry about a single repair bill with a comprehensive RV Extended Warranty.
Some things to keep in my mind when shopping for your perfect RV:
- Most importantly, take a short trip in a rented RV before you decide to purchase. This will give you the experience you need to know what you want from an RV, and even if the lifestyle is truly suited to your personality.
- Join an RV forum, or stop by a popular RV camp during you trip to ask around. How do these RV-ers like the lifestyle? How do they like the specific make and model they’ve purchased? It’ll give you fantastic insight into the true RV culture, straight from the source.
- If you’ve decided that RV’s are right for you, sit down to do some research! Make sure that you’re getting the best vehicle for your specific needs, and travel plans, and most importantly that you’re getting it at the best price. Sleep on it! Don’t make any rash decisions—no matter how great that price sounds. There’s usually fine print and financing options to mull over before signing on any dotted lines.
- Speaking of financing…it can be dangerous! No down payment and low monthly bills sounds great, but only on the surface. Make sure the plan fits into your long term financial goals.
- Attend RV shows. They can be a great source of information, and a great place to meet sellers looking to offer great deals on their vehicles.
- There are a ton of books, articles, magazines, DVD’s and conferences dedicated to the purchase and use of RV’s—grab a few and get educated! You’ll feel much more confident in purchasing your new home on wheels when you have all of the information at your fingertips!
- Once you’ve purchased the RV, make sure to get an RV Warranty quote from WholesaleWarranties.net. This is the best way to protect your investment from expensive breakdown costs.