RV Maintenance Tips:
Making general maintenance a routine can help you avoid heavy duty clean up or and help to prevent costly repairs. Keep an eye on things like…
- Bolts, screws, and belts. The most basic pieces to the puzzle of your engine make it run, so make sure they’re screwed in tight, and clean!
- Oil levels and filters are hugely important to avoiding mechanical problems with your RV. Keep up on changing your oil, and watch out for leaks!
- Heavy dust and dirt can cause major breakdowns, so keep your engine and battery as clean as possible!
- Tires connect you to the road…make sure they’re in top shape before heading out on any big trips! Check for uneven tread wear on your tires, dents in your rims, and proper inflation pressure.
- Drain your Hot Water Heater tank at least once every 6 months!
- Smoke and Carbon Dioxide alarms need to be checked regularly, and replace batteries when it becomes a necessity. Keep your home on wheels as safe as possible!
Performing regular maintenance is the best way to prevent major breakdowns on your rig. However, mechanical failures are inevitable, and the best way to protect yourself from repair bills is with an RV Extended Warranty. Click here for more information on comprehensive RV Warranty coverage for your motorhome, 5th wheel or travel trailer.